10.07.2011

Kelly's Crispy Granola Bars

I have been looking for healthy snacks for me and for my kids.  I've been taking recipes and "tweaking" them to fit my needs and pantry staples.  I came up with this recipe that we all really enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1/2 c honey
  • 3T brown sugar
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2 1/2 c rice cereal
  • 3/4 c almond meal
  • 1/4 c sunflower seeds
  • 1 c flaxseed meal
  • 1/2 c craisins
  • 1/2 c chopped dates

Directions:
  1. Put peanut butter, honey and brown sugar in microwave-safe container and heat on high for 2 min. 
  2. Add vanilla and stir until smooth. 
  3. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until all ingredients are combined well. 
  4. Press mixture into foil lined 9X13 pan and place in fridge. 
  5. After cool, remove from pan/foil and cut into 24 bars.  (135 calories each; 6g fat, 3 g protein, 12 g sugar)