I have been looking for healthy snacks for me and for my kids. I've been taking recipes and "tweaking" them to fit my needs and pantry staples. I came up with this recipe that we all really enjoy!
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c honey
- 3T brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 1/2 c rice cereal
- 3/4 c almond meal
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c flaxseed meal
- 1/2 c craisins
- 1/2 c chopped dates
- Put peanut butter, honey and brown sugar in microwave-safe container and heat on high for 2 min.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until all ingredients are combined well.
- Press mixture into foil lined 9X13 pan and place in fridge.
- After cool, remove from pan/foil and cut into 24 bars. (135 calories each; 6g fat, 3 g protein, 12 g sugar)