10.31.2011

Feed 5 for $500 Series

I'm a stay-at-home mom (actually, a work-at-home mom who homeschools 3 children, is an independent Team Beachbody coach, volunteers as a MOPS Community Coach, and does freelance writing/editing!).....anyway, because our income is limited, I work very hard to keep our monthly grocery budget around $500. Yes. Really!

So you're probably thinking, "How in the world can you feed 5 for $500 and keep the meals healthy?" Over the next week or two, I will be posting several articles explaining how I manage to accomplish the impossible.

We budget a total of $600 monthly to include all food, pull-ups (still have one child who wets the bed), paper products, bathroom items, etc. My series will include:
  • Breakfast menus
  • Lunch menus
  • Dinner menus & freezer cooking
  • Saving at the grocery store
  • Strategic pantry stocking

It really is possible for you to stay on a budget and feed your family healthy, organic food!