I love fall: the smells, the weather, the food, sweaters/jeans/boots, and all of the time with family and friends. It's no wonder I'm always looking for soup recipes to try, and now that I have a VitaMix blender, it's even easier to make my own soups! By blending in the VitaMix, the soup is even heated to steaming in less than 10 minutes.
For today's soup, I adapted the recipe from my VitaMix blender's cookbook. Enjoy!
- 1 peeled, cored quartered Fuji apple
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp gound white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 T honey
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place all ingredients into your VitaMix blender EXCEPT the cream.
- Start on variable speed 4, quickly moving up to 10 and then on high. Blend (vented) until steam escapes the top (approx 5-6 min).
- Remove lid plug and pour in heavy cream. Blend another 20 sec or so.