1.10.2012

Tahini Dressing

Since my vegan challenge, I have been eating a lot of salads.  A friend of mine bought me some Zesty Tahini Dressing from Whole Foods that I absolutely love!  I wanted to try to duplicate it at home.  The results are not exact, as the Whole Foods version is much more "garlicky" tasting.  But, I really do like this dressing and my recipe yielded several cups!

INGREDIENTS:
  • ½ c tahini
  • 1 1/4 c water
  • 4 T nutritional yeast
  • 4 T freshly squeezed lemon juice (the juice of 1 medium lemon)
  • 3-4 cloves freshly minced garlic (add more or less, depending on how you like it)
  • 2 ½  T Bragg’s liquid aminos
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar

Put all ingredients into blender and mix until creamy.  Store in refrigerator for approximately 1 week.  This would make a great salad dressing, dip for fresh veggies, sauce on a wrap….the possibilities are endless!  Note that there is no oil, other than what is naturally in the tahini.  This makes this a very low calorie, low fat dressing. 

Recipe adapted from Eat On Purpose