11.22.2011

Feed 5 for $500 Recap

I still find people who don't believe it's possible to spend only $500 per month on groceries for a family of 5.  But it really is possible!  It does take discipline, planning, and some extra "elbow grease," but it's definitely worth the effort.

There are really four simple rules to follow in order to keep your grocery budget in tact:
  1. Buy in bulk (especially organic, from your local health food store)
  2. Menu plan (for premade plans, see Once A Month Mom)
  3. Freezer cook (do what works for you -- all meals for the month in one day; double meals for two weeks, etc.)
  4. Homemade is best!

I hope you've enjoyed this series.  I will update on the first of the month with my monthly meal plans if I receive enough comments requesting that!  So please, show some "comment love"!