I am thankful for so many things: my family, a house, my husband's job, a healthier lifestyle (43 lbs lighter!), and the ability to stay home and homeschool our children.
Today, I spent the morning working out with my husband to P90X One on One and Turbo Jam! I was supposed to run the Turkey Trot downtown (that I've been training for!), but an earache wasn't something I thought I should run with in this cooler weather. So instead, my wonderful husband worked out with me.
Around 10 this morning, I began the final prep for our special meal. Our menu included: A brined turkey, whipped sweet potatoes with pecans, brussel sprouts with caramelized onions, homemade yeast rolls, dressing, gravy, apple-cranberry relish, and my absolute favorite dish, Cranberry Pineapple Bread Pudding! I couldn't find a recipe I really liked, so I experimented and we were all really happy with the results.
CRANBERRY PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 c brown sugar
- 10 slices Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread, cubed
- 1 3/4 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease ceramic or glass baking dish. (I used Olivio spread.)
- Add vanilla to milk, set aside.
- Beat melted butter, eggs and sugar, set aside.
- Sprinkle spices over bread, cranberries, and pineapple; toss until well combined and add to greased baking dish.
- Pour vanilla milk over bread mixture; gently mix.
- Add egg mixture; gently mix until all is combined.
- Sprinkle walnuts and more cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I'm linking up to: