12.04.2011

Chocolate Shakeology No-Bake Cookie Recipe

I have been reading about using Shakeology in my recipes, so I finally decided to try one out tonight.  I researched "no bake cookie" recipes and chose a great, simple one on allrecipes.com and altered it just a bit.   The results were amazing!  These are really yummy, gooey little cookies packed with lots of great ingredients, especially because of the Shakeology.   

 

I will warn you, though, my version turned out pretty sticky!  I'm not sure if it's because we didn't wait for them to completely set up or not. *wink*  I'll experiment with them again to see if I can get a better finished product.  But gooey or not, these are too good not to share!

 

I also experimented and made my own homemade almond butter by simply putting sliced almonds, approximately 2 tablespoons of honey and about 1/4-1/2 cup of water in the blender and blending until smooth.

 

If you don't have a Team Beachbody coach yet and/or you don't know where to order Shakeology, click here.


CHOCOLATE SHAKEOLOGY NO-BAKE COOKIES

Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cups raw sugar or brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk (or regular milk)
  • 1/2 cup butter (please do not use margarine!)
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
  • 3/4 cup almond butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions: 

  1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and Shakeology. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. 

  2. Remove from heat, and stir in almond butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened. (I think you could also spread the cookie batter into a well-greased 9X13" pan, let cool, and cut into bars, too.)

Per serving:  85 calories; 4 g fat 

Recipe adapted from All Recipes' No Bake Cookie Recipe.