4.25.2012

Homemade Guacamole Recipe



 I believe avocados are one of the best and most nutritious foods available.  It’s what I fed my youngest two children as their first food.  Yes, instead of jarred (nasty) baby food, I mashed avocados (thinned a little with formula or water) and fed it to my kids when they were babies!  I’m happy to report that they are lovers of vegetables, even today.  Even if you buy organic produce (avocados, bananas, etc), it’s still cheaper than jarred baby food you can buy at the store and so much more nutritious.  

 I love guacamole, and if avocados were cheaper, I would make this all the time.   I’m secretly hoping I can grow them in a greenhouse here in Virginia!   Here’s my extremely simple recipe for homemade guacamole that goes really well with homemade crackers or carrot chips (slice carrots thinly and voila! You have raw carrot chips)!
HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 organic avocados, mashed
  • 1 small organic yellow onion, chopped
  • Juice from 1organic lime (approx 2-3 tablespoons)
  • 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
  • Optional:   1 T freshly chopped cilantro, 1 chopped tomato, or for a spicy kick, add 1 T chopped jalepenos.


Directions:  Combine all ingredients well.  




I'm linking up this recipe to Serentity Now!
Serenity Now